It is our pleasure to serve the patrons of the Talking Book Program and we hope that our staff, materials, and equipment will be treated with equal care and respect. It is possible that you may have your borrowing privileges suspended if any of the following occur repeatedly:
• Requesting replacement of equipment or materials that have been damaged through carelessness, abuse, or unauthorized repair
• A large number of overdue, lost, or damaged books
• Obscene, harassing, degrading, or threatening language or behavior to any Nevada Talking Book staff member(s) or volunteer(s)
• Loaning of books, magazines, or equipment to other persons.
• Refusing to respond to machine audit requests or overdue book notices.
If it appears that you have misused service in any way, our staff will first discuss the problem with you by telephone or in person. A letter will then be sent that states the problem and provides an opportunity for you to respond within 30 days.
To avoid suspension, you must contact the NTBS before the scheduled suspension date and be prepared to explain why suspension should not take place. If misuse of service continues, the NTBS staff will send a notice suspending your service.
The suspension period will not exceed six months and will affect only that portion of the service that has been abused. Service will not be permanently canceled and will resume after the suspension date. You will be notified by mail when your service will be returning to normal.
If service abuse recurs, a second written communication will be sent to the client citing the earlier warning letter, listing examples of subsequent abuse, giving the client an opportunity to reply by a certain date, and then suspending the service for a stated period (up to six months). A specific date for resumption of service will be included in this letter.